tisdag, september 23, 2008

"... It turned out I didn't know a whole lot of things. Like that fashion shows are the most serious events in the entire world. Nobody in the audience smiles or talks; the models look like they're on the Bataan death march; and people slowly, lifelessly clap at the end. I've been to political panels, criminal trials, locker rooms of playoff losers, graduate English classes and the Ron Paul convention, and I've never seen people take themselves quite this seriously."

"... I quickly discovered that models aren't that hot. They're interesting-looking and striking and seem scary to talk to, but they didn't turn me on. I was so confused by this that I went backstage at the Donna Karan show to get an up-close look at Arlenis Sosa, who I was told is the new face of fashion. Sosa, 19, was pretty and awfully nice but mostly just really tall and outrageously skinny. Though she bragged to me about having just finished a salad and a kiwi, she paused when I asked her if that salad had dressing. 'I don't like dressing,' she said. I gave her a look. 'Because I can't be fat,' she continued. 'I do like it. But I don't want any.'"
– Joel Stein, Time Magazine. 18e september 2008.

Där kan man tala om att slå huvudet på spiken.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Riktigt klockren text!